Catechists are trained through the Archdiocesan Pastoral Formation programme
The Catechists are the facilitators of the faith and they prepare our children to receive the Sacraments of the church:
- First Confession/Reconciliation
- First Holy Communion/Eucharist – reading matter for parents of FHC candidates
- Life Teen / Confirmation
- SACBC POLICY DOCUMENT
Registration for Catechism Classes take place at Kick-Off Sunday on 20 January 2019
The 09:00 AM & 11:00 AM Mass will be combined and will be at 10:00 AM, followed by the registration of children in their various catechism classes in the Parish Centre.
Level 1 parents, or any new parents to the parish, need to bring a copy of the child’s baptism certificate on the day of registration.
Families must be registered at Holy Redeemer parish.
Life Teen Program
The internationally successful Life Teen programme registration takes place at Holy Redeemer parish at Kick-Off Sunday on 20 January 2019.
The Life Teen programme is geared specifically for teenagers in the confirmation programme – ages 14 – 17/18.
For more information about Life Teen, visit the website.
For information about Life Teen at Holy Redeemer, click here.
Junior Catechetical Program
Timetable and registration forms:
- Facilitator/Teacher roster for Levels 1 to 7 in the porch of church and on notice board in parish centre/hall
- Level 3 is the First Confession Class
- Level 4 is a 2-year sacramental course which commenced in 2018 and culminates in the celebration of First Confession and Holy Communion in 2019
- Special family and children mass, assisted by Levels 1 to 7, takes place every 3rd Sunday of the month at 09:00 am
- Registration forms for Levels 1 to 7
Meeting and Training Dates
- Catechetical Formation Programme: visit Archdiocese Diary/Calendar which also includes Good Shepherd Catechetical Training times.
- Catechists’ meeting with Fr Anthony on Monday 11th February 2019 at 7pm in the Edna Cottle room in the Parish centre/hall.
- Parent/Teacher catechism meeting on Monday 4th March 2019 at 7pm in the Parish centre/hall. Fr Anthony will be addressing the meeting.
Celebrations for parent and child leading up to the celebration of child’s First Holy Communion see attached program
1. 18 May Saturday from 9 to 10:30am for the Celebration of Baptism
2. 27 July Saturday from 9 to 10:30am for the Celebration of The Word/The Vine
3. 24 August Saturday from 9 to 10:30am for the Celebration of Sharing/The Eucharistic presence of the Good Shepherd
4. 14 September Saturday from 8am to 13:00pm Celebration of the Sacrament of First Confession / Reconciliation
5. 13th October Sunday at 11am Celebration of the Sacrament of Eucharist/First Holy Comunion
Junior Catechism Level 1 – 7:
Colleen Murphy: 082-882-8779