Next course starts on 6th February 2013,
The weekend away on the 15th to 17th March 2013
Alpha is about getting to know Jesus Christ and about introducing Jesus Christ to people who do not know him – it’s about inviting those who do know something about Him to enter more deeply into that experience of faith. It is a course during which we come together, share a meal, watch a dvd and share questions.
Are you looking for answers to any of these questions?
- What is the point of life?
- What happens when we die?
- What relevance does Jesus have in my life today?
- Is God interested in me?
The Alpha course can answer them for you!
Alpha is exciting!
The course answers all those questions you have always wanted answered:
- About God
- About the life and death of Jesus
- About prayer
- About the Bible
- About the meaning of life
- About the work of the Holy Spirit
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is for anyone and everyone! People of all ages have attended. It caters for the needs of:
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to brush up on the basics
- Those who have been in the church for years
- Seekers of the truth
- Those wanting to investigate the truth about Christianity
What is Alpha about?
A – Anyone welcome to come
L – Laughter and learning about the Christian faith in an enjoyable environment
P – Pasta – eating together and getting to know each other and developing friendships
H – Helping one another in discussion, studying the Bible and praying for each other
A – Asking anything! No question is regarded as too simple or too hostile
What is Alpha?
Alpha is a 10 week course including a weekend that looks at the basics of the Christian faith. Each evening starts with a light supper, after which a short DVD is shown. After the DVD there is time for small group discussions where thoughts are shared in total confidence, also giving participants an opportunity to get to know each other and learn together.
Will I have to read or pray out loud?
No person will be asked to read or pray or be asked to give answers to direct questions. Small group participation is completely voluntary and confidential.
The following discussion topics are covered in the 10 week course:
- Week 1: Who is Jesus?
- Week 2: Why did Jesus die?
- Week 3: How can I be sure of my faith?
- Week 4: Why and how should I read The Bible?
- Week 5: Why and how should I pray?
- Week 6: How does God guide us?
Weekend away: 15th to 17th March 2013
The weekend is the most significant part of the course and it is critical to attend. If you cannot attend, we suggest that you postpone and participate in the following Alpha Course.
Topics covered during the weekend away include:
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does he do?
- How can I be filled with the Spirit?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Week 7: How can I resist evil?
- Week 8: How and Why should I tell others?
- Week 9: Does God heal today?
- Week 10: What about the Church?
For further information about Alpha, please contact:
- Beulah Erasmus – 082 583 1900
- Gregory Pregnolato – 021 715 0375
- Paul Miles – 082 931 5546
- Michelle Lategan – 082 777 1978